Moreover, the FDA has taken significant steps to combat misinformation about FDA-regulated products being communicated online, in the news, and by high-profile public officials, celebrities, and other outlets. We continue to look for opportunities to combat misinformation head-on in ways easy for consumers to understand and communicate the potential for real harm. Find trusted health information from the FDA and our government partners. See the resources below.
- U.S. Monkeypox [mpox] 2022: Situation Summary (CDC)
- Fact sheet: Biden-Harris Administration’s Monkeypox [mpox] Outbreak Response (White House, June 28, 2022)
- JYNNEOS Monkeypox [mpox] Vaccine Distribution by Jurisdiction (HHS/ASPR)
- Information for health care professionals (CDC)
- Information for laboratory personnel (CDC)
- Information for veterinarians (CDC)
- Use of JYNNEOS (Smallpox and Monkeypox [mpox] Vaccine, Live, Nonreplicating) for Preexposure Vaccination of Persons at Risk for Occupational Exposure to Orthopoxviruses: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — United States, 2022 (CDC MMWR)
- Monkeypox [mpox] (WHO)
- What are Medical Countermeasures (FDA)
Consumers and general information: contact FDA
You may also call 1-888-INFO-FDA / (1-888-463-6332)
For CDER therapeutic product development questions, please contact: [email protected]
- 1. 1Due to the conserved nature of VP37, tecovirimat resistance-associated substitutions in one orthopoxvirus are expected to apply to other orthopoxviruses.